Friday, August 29, 2008

Self-assessments assessing

The draft for my self-assessment essay has been tugging at my mind since the assignment was given. I went through and foudn some old papers, unfortunatly, after looking over those old papers, I noticed that the teacher hadn't really been grading for those kinds of problems, nust for content, so I had to go through other avenues to find what was wrong with my writing. I found that my biggest problem is apostrophe’s, since I am never really sure where they go depending on the word. Good thing that's what my mini-lesson is on right? :-) I also have a problem with fragments, I like to make short and sweet sentence, or, well, they aren't really sentences since they are fragments! My other problem is commas, of course! I am one of those people that followed the "when you pause" rule, and I over-use them all the time. Many, many times teachers have pointed out that my comma use doesnt make sense or shouldn't be there. I'm not really sure if this counts as my blog entry, so there will be another one, but I just thought I would put my thoughts out there and see if anyone agrees? Common problems or am I just crazy? :-)

No comments: